Sugar Cookies with Sour Cream

Sugar Cookies with Sour Cream
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4-5 cups flour

Cream sugar, butter and eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Roll out in flour or powdered sugar to 1/4 inch thick and cut. Cook in 350 degree oven for 7-8 minutes. Bottoms should be brown but tops should not be brown at all. These make cake-like cookies.

Kristi's Note: This is our favorite sugar cookie recipe. We traditionally make them every year for Valentine's Day. This time around we used this Sugar Cookie Icing recipe. The children always have fun decorating them (and adding lots of sprinkles, as you can tell from the photo!).

Comments

  1. We always make sugar cookies for Valentines day too! I think I will try this recipe this year- I remember that it is your favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is also my favorite sugar cookie. I like to frost them with cream cheese frosting. I usually have more frosting than cookie though.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment