Baked Asparagus with Parmesan


Trim the ends off of the asparagus (the base part that is closer to the ground). You don't have to do this, but the ends have a woody texture and aren't very tasty. Place the asparagus in a baking dish and drizzle 1-2 tbsp. of oil over it. Sprinkle garlic salt and parmesan cheese over all (to taste). Stir the mixture so that the asparagus is coated.

Bake at 425 for about 15 minutes, or until asparagus is soft.

This method can be used for carrots or other vegetables as well.

When I was young we had asparagus growing wild on the ditchbank. My Uncle Rex would go pick it and boil it whenever he visited because he loved it. I never tried it because my mom said asparagus was yucky. Then I had some while I was at college and wished I had taken advantage of the free asparagus because I thought it was great!

Comments

  1. We Love roasted asparagus! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recipe and photo! It's a good reminder that I really should be more adventurous. My mom and grandma were good about trying different types of foods--we got to eat or try a good variety of foods growing up. :) I'm sure that fresh wild asparagus your uncle found was the best.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment