Watermelon Lemonade

We must be in full-swing summer mode here at Family Heritage Recipes--we're posting lots of salads and cool drinks.  Today's recipe is for another lovely, refreshing summer drink.

Watermelon Lemonade
8 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 (12 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
4 cups water, to taste

Blend watermelon until smooth. Mix lemonade concentrate, water, and watermelon in a large pitcher or punch bowl. Garnish with additional watermelon if desired. A great summer drink. You can also just add the juice left over from cutting up a watermelon to a pitcher of lemonade.

Tiffany's Notes: This was a new recipe for me to try.  It was great!  {And the kids all liked it, too!}  Sometimes if I buy a big watermelon the kids get tired of eating watermelon every day for dinner.  This was a great way to have a nice drink and use up the last part of a watermelon. 

I used a Crystal Light Lemonade mix (enough to make 2 quarts) for my lemonade.  If you have lemon juice on hand you can also make your own Lemonade.  I filled my blender with watermelon chunks and added a cup of the lemonade before blending.  Then I poured the blended watermelon into the lemonade.  Just stir a few times and you're done!

Hum--looking back at the recipe--I guess I had my proportions a little off.  I added a blender-full of watermelon (about 6 cups of watermelon pieces) to 8 cups of lemonade.  It still worked great.

Comments