Lasagna – No-boil Classic

 A simple version of a delicious classic dish.

Lasagna – No-boil Classic

1 (16 oz.) container Ricotta or cottage cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese
2 eggs
2 (26 oz.) jars spaghetti sauce combined with ½ cup water
1 (1 lb.) package Barilla flat lasagna noodles, uncooked
1 lb. Italian sausage or ground beef, cooked and drained
4 cups (1 lb.) shredded Mozzarella cheese
chopped parsley

In a bowl, combine Ricotta, Parmesan, and eggs; mix well. On bottom of a 15x9 inch greased baking dish, spread 1 cup pasta sauce. Top with half each of the uncooked noodles, Ricotta mixture, sausage, half remaining pasta  sauce and mozzarella. Repeat layering. Top with parsley. Cover tightly; bake 1 hour or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes covered before serving.

Becky's Note: I usually assemble this dish in the morning and let it sit in the refrigerator until dinnertime.  The first few times I made this lasagna, the top layer of noodles would be dry and crispy.  Gag.  Now I just make sure to have enough liquid in the dish to soften the noodles.  My favorite part of this lasagna recipe is that I don't cook and handle hot lasagna noodles!

I prefer this lasagna recipe, but for a classic red sauce lasagna, the no-boil recipe is great.

PS My kids were lucky that I was out of spinach and chard or I would have definitely layered that in the lasagna too!

Comments