Double Chocolate Cookies



A recipe and story from cousin Emily today (she says this is her favorite chocolate cookie!)...

When I was little, I remember helping Grandma make a chocolate cookie with peanut butter chips. She used the recipe off the back of a peanut butter chip bag.  I have since found that I like this recipe better because it has less butter, which means I can eat more!
Double Chocolate Cookies
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa (I do ¼ c. dutch process cocoa and ¼ c. natural cocoa)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3/4 cup brown sugar (I do ½ c. dark brown sugar)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
12 oz package semi-sweet chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, M&Ms, or mint chips

Sift together flour, cocoa, soda and salt.  Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla together until well blended. Add eggs, beating well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chips. Drop by spoonful onto lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees until just set. (Do not over bake!) Cool and enjoy!

Note: If using M&Ms, stir into dough about 1 cup of M&Ms., reserving the rest. Press reserved M&Ms onto the tops of dough balls before baking.

Comments