Strawberry Fields Salad Dressing

I did a quick online survey of Strawberry Fields Salad Dressing recipes.  There were a lot of recipes for sweet vinaigrette but there wasn't anything like this delicious, colorful dressing!  What a lovely dressing for a wonderful spring salad.

Strawberry Fields Salad Dressing
1 cup strawberries
2 Tbs. vinegar
2 Tbs. brown sugar
½ cup olive oil
½ tsp. fresh lemon juice
salt
pepper

Blend all ingredients together and season to taste. Serve over Strawberry Fields Salad.

Tiffany's Notes: I took the instruction to "blend" everything together literally!  Some other salad recipes tossed the sliced strawberries with a dressing before adding it to the salad.  I put the strawberries, vinegar, brown sugar, lemon juice, and salt into a blender.  I blended it until it was smooth.  Then, while the blender was running I slowly poured the oil {I used canola} into the dressing to emulsify the oil into the dressing.  It came out a beautiful color.  I made it about 4 hours before serving so it would be chilled.  It is a great dressing and would work well with many different salads.

Comments

  1. I wondered if this dressing would keep very well over a few days--it did! We used it for several days in a row with our dinner salad until we finished it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your question--I don't have an exact measurement but would imagine it would be slightly more than 1 1/2 cups.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment