Lion House Pie Crust

A great basic pie crust recipe from a trusted source: The Lion House Cookbook.

Lion House Pie Crust

½ cup margarine
2/3 cup shortening
1 Tb. sugar
½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 Tb. dry milk
3 cups flour
½ cup cold water

Cream fats with mixer. Mix in sugar through dry milk. Add half of flour and mix in with mixer. Add water and rest of flour and mix until combined. Makes 2-3 crusts. Freezes well. Shape into balls (enough for a single pie crust), wrap in plastic wrap and freeze in a freezer bag. Thaw one or two as needed before rolling out.

Becky's Note: I love pie.  I would choose pie over cake, candy, or any other dessert.  I am pretty picky about my pie crust.  I love our old standby Never Fail Pie Crust, but I thought I would give this recipe a try.  It turned out great and comes in a close second to the Never Pail Pie Crust!

Comments