Dinner Rolls — bread machine

Dinner Rolls (Bread Machine)
1 egg plus water to make 1¼ cups
4¼ cups bread flour (can use up to 1 cup whole wheat flour)
2 tsp. salt
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup dry milk
½ cup butter
2½ tsp. yeast
Place ingredients in bread machine. Run on dough cycle. Pull out after dough cycle (up to two hours later; or you can throw this in before church and pull it out after you get home). Divide dough into 24-36 pieces and shape into balls. Place in a greased 9 x 13 inch pan. Raise until double in size. Bake at 375° for 15 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Use for cinnamon rolls or a batch of chicken roll ups (equivalent to two packages of crescent rolls). Makes 12 hot-dog size buns (slash tops lengthwise). You can use 6 to 10 Tb. of butter depending on how rich you want it.

Tiffany's Notes: I have the basic small kitchen appliances but one of my favorites is my bread maker.  It gets used several times a week--mostly to make dough.  

This seemed like a dense, rich dough to me but it made a light roll.  My only mistake was to bake it for about 15 minutes instead of a longer time.  The rolls around the edge of the pan were fine, but the ones in the middle could have used an extra minute or two.  I'm used to baking rolls spread out on a large baking sheet.  I need to remember that when you cook them packed together in a pan they take longer to bake!

I believe my sister Amy originally submitted this recipe to our recipe collection.  I need to try it with Chicken Roll Ups sometime!

Comments

  1. Absolutely delicious!
    They stayed fresh for three days too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment