Brownie Trifle

Brownie Trifle 
1 pan (9x13) of brownies cut into 1" cubes
1 box instant chocolate pudding (mixed according to directions) 
1 large container of Cool Whip or 1 pint of whipping cream (whipped and sweetened)
6-8 Skor or Heath Candy Bars (crushed) or 1 bag Heath Milk Chocolate Toffee Bits  or 1 large Symphony with toffee candy bar, chopped

Layer in trifle bowl starting with half of the brownies, then half of the chocolate pudding, then half of the Cool Whip/whipped cream, and then half of the crushed candy bars. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients and refrigerate.  

Tiffany's Note: This recipe isn't in the family cookbook (yet!).  I've made this a few times for parties or gatherings--it is easy to make, looks pretty, and tastes great.  It comes from my high school and college roommate's wonderful food blog breakfast, lunch, and dinner

When I first made it I bought a tall glass bowl to serve this in.  I didn't have a triffle bowl and I figured a tall salad bowl would get more use.  This recipe serves quite a few--but for a larger group I increase the ingredients slightly and make more layers.  

I like to prepare it an hour or two in advance.  It is also good the next day--the brownies soften a bit.  The Cool Whip would keep better long term.  If you are using whipped cream and want it to keep for a long time you may want to use powdered sugar to sweeten your whipped cream (Eliza's easy way to make a stabilized whipped cream).

Comments