Chocolate Chip Pound Cake


From cousin Emily: This was one of my favorite cakes growing up.  I had forgotten about it until my Great-Aunt Dean shared this with me at a family reunion in rural Virginia.  I have seen many different versions of it, but this is the one I always come back to.
Chocolate Chip Pound Cake
1 chocolate cake mix (I like Devils Food)
1 large box instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream (I use light sour cream)
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs, beaten
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Mix dry cake mix with dry pudding mix.  Add sour cream, oil, and eggs. Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes.  Stir in chocolate chips.

Bake in greased tube or bundt cake pan at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes.  This cake is delicious without any frosting.  If you want a richer cake, frost with Ganache.

I personally know someone who will eat this for breakfast.

Note: I happen to have a mini bundt cake pan, so that is why the picture looks like doughnuts instead of bundt cake.

Comments

  1. Wow. That does look delicious, and the presentation is really nice!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment