Crisco Single Crust

Crisco Single Crust

1 1/3 cups sifted flour
½ tsp. salt
½ cup Crisco
3 Tb. water
Mix flour and salt. Cut in shortening. Sprinkle with water a tablespoon at a time and toss with a fork. Work dough into a firm ball with your hands. Roll. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 425° if you need a baked crust.

Becky's Note: Every once in awhile (maybe once or twice a year) I will use my leftover soup (chicken noodle, potato, etc) and make little personal meat pies for my family.  You can buy little pie tins to cook these pies.  They are about 5 inches across.  I discovered that these pies are too big for little children. Most baking sections have mini graham cracker pie crust and I save my tins to reuse.  They are about 3 inches across and are the perfect size for children (or health minded adults). 

This pie crust is perfect for a meat pie.  It is a more simple recipe than our Never Fail Pie Crust recipe.

Comments