Chicken Salad – Quick

Chicken Salad – Quick

Combine 2 cups diced cooked chicken (canned chicken works fine), 2 cups finely chopped celery, 1 can drained crushed pineapple and enough mayonnaise to make it into a moist salad. Serve on croissants or rolls.

Becky's Note: I just can't leave a chicken salad recipe alone.  I usually add one or two ingredients (to my children's horror).  This time I added craisins for a little more color.  I also like to add pecans and grapes.  Chicken salad is great served on a lettuce leaf (this is how I remember eating it growing up) but of course is delicious on a croissant or homemade roll.

Mom's Note: The original recipe is made with whipped cream and toasted almonds. It's very high cal, but so good. You would need a little bit of lemon juice and chopped parsley in this alternate version.

Comments