Lime Green Smoothie

This bright green smoothie is full of spinach and great flavor!


A couple of years ago my ward had a Relief Society exercise night followed by a smoothie bar, and this smoothie was my favorite! At first I had a hard time believing a drink this color would taste good, but this is a great blend of flavors and you'd never know it's full of spinach.

Lime Green Smoothie

1 large handful of spinach
1 orange
½ inch thick slice pineapple
thin slice of lime (including the peel)
squeeze of agave (I just add a couple of spoonfuls of white sugar)
1 cup ice

Place all ingredients except ice in a blender and blend until smooth. Add ice until it's the consistency you like (I like my smoothies pretty slushy).

Notes: You really just need a thin slice of lime. The taste will be plenty strong with just a sliver since it has the peel. I've found that orange juice works fine if you don't have a fresh orange. If you froze the orange juice in cubes first that would help the smoothie be more slushy. I use the frozen pineapple chunks from Costco. If you are making this for a bigger family you will probably want to double the recipe because this only makes about half a blender full.

I've found that if you want a spinach smoothie to look pretty, you either want to have a dark-colored smoothie with ingredients like blueberries, or to get a pretty bright green smoothie you'll want to stick with orange and yellow fruits like oranges, mangos, and pineapple.

Comments