Spicy Paprika and Lime Marinade

This is a delicious marinade that you can use for whatever meat you want. I found the original recipe here and made a few modifications based on what I normally have on hand. I also decreased the paprika from 5 tsp. to 1 tsp. because that seemed like a more reasonable amount.
Spicy Paprika and Lime Marinade

1 tsp paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper or chili powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp Allspice
1 tsp coriander seeds powder (optional--I didn't add this)
1 tsp black pepper
3 tbsps olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 tsps tomato paste (also optional--the marinade is fine without it)
2 limes (zest + juice from one lime for the marinade and juice from the second when serving)

Mix all ingredients in a ziploc bag, then add your meat (I have only tried chicken). Marinate for at least an hour. You can cook these on a frying pan or a grill. I used our George Foreman grill and they cooked very quickly. Drizzle with more lime juice if desired before serving. If you want to save time later, you can make several bags of marinade at once and freeze the marinated chicken. We ate this with baked fries and salad.

Comments