Peanut Butter M&M Cookies



Every year I confiscate my kid's M&Ms from their Trick or Treat hauls to make these cookies.

1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 to 1 cup M&Ms 

Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Beat brown sugar, butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg. Blend well. Add flour and baking soda, and mix until well incorporated. Add M&Ms, mix until blended. Bake 6 to 10 minutes. Don't over bake.

Emily's Notes:
I like to use crunchy peanut butter. You can mix in 3/4 cup peanuts if you want,
If I don't have enough M&Ms, I make up the difference with semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Peanut M&Ms work great in this recipe as well.
I will scoop out the dough using my cookie scoop and freeze. Add one extra minute to the baking time to compensate for the frozen dough.
I have used half whole wheat flour in this recipe with great success. I tend to reduce the amount of total flour by a few tablespoons though, to compensate for the fact that whole wheat flour tends to absorb more moisture and I don't want a dry cookie.

Comments