Basic Brownies



Basic Brownies

Melt together:
4 oz. unsweetened chocolate
2/3 cup unsalted butter
Add to the chocolate and butter mixture and mix well:
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
Stir in:
1¼ cup flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup nuts, chopped and toasted

Spread in a greased 9x13 pan and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Don’t over  bake these or they will turn out dry. This recipe makes brownies similar to what you get from a good box mix brownie, but they taste better.

Becky's Note: The other day my girls wanted to make brownies and Oh Horror we were out of brownie mix.  I felt like I had failed as a mother when I told them to make brownies from scratch and they stared at me with big eyes and asked "Can you do that?"  Now we have made the brownies two days in a row- yesterday they disappeared in 2.3 seconds and today as treats for a youth group.  I enjoy a good brownie mix especially as a base for treats like Brownie Bites, Brownie Cheesecake, and Brownie Trifle.  However, I think brownies from scratch are a big step above a box mix. 

Comments