Cranberry Cilantro Cheese Ball




This amazing cheese ball was served at a church Christmas party. It has one of my favorite holiday ingredients, cranberries!


For cheese ball:


1- 8 oz. package cream cheese, softened
2 TBS sour cream
2 TBS mayo

Mix cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise well and form into 2 balls. Refrigerate until set, preferably overnight. 

For cranberry/cilantro layer:

1 package fresh cranberries (frozen works as well, the texture is just not as crisp)
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch green onions
1 jalapeño, seeded
½ cup sugar
Juice from one lime

In a food processor or blender, chop cilantro, onions, and jalapeño until the texture is very fine. Place in a medium size bowl.  In the same food processor/blender container, add the cranberries and coarsely chop. Combine all the chopped ingredients in bowl, then add the sugar and lime juice.  Refrigerate until sugar has dissolved, about 30 minutes.  Using your hands, press the cranberry mixture onto the cheese ball.  Serve with an assortment of crackers.

Emily’s Notes:   I make everything the day before I need it, allowing the flavors to blend. I press the cranberry mixture onto the cheese ball right before serving.

I added 2 more tablespoons of sugar to the cranberry mixture, but that is optional.

I used low fat cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise.


The cranberry mixture can be very juicy, I put the mixture in a strainer and drain off the excess juice.  I usually do this 15 minutes before I put the mixture on the cheese ball. 

Comments