Classic Pecan Pie


I couldn't believe that we did not have a pecan pie recipe on the blog yet. When I was a child, we had two pecan trees in our front yard, so every Autumn, we could collect bowls full of pecans. Pecans are still my favorite nut, and pecan pie is my second favorite pie.



Pecan Pie
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup margarine
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 tsp. salt
3 eggs
1 cup pecans
Mix sugar, margarine, corn syrup, and salt by hand. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add nuts and stir until they are coated. Pour into shell. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until done.

Melinda's Notes: I used butter, and it worked just fine. It would be easier if I had softened the butter first. In my oven, it took an extra 15 minutes of baking time before the pie stopped jiggling when the oven rack was tapped, and we knew it was done.

The reason the pie is stirred by hand is to keep air out of the mixture, and your pie will turn out a little better than if you use a hand mixer.

P.S. my favorite pie is a Double Cream Lemon Pie, and I (very) occasionally try out some new versions as I search for the perfect recipe.

Comments

  1. Oh wow, pecan pie is my absolute favorite, been searching the internet for recipes..Thanks for sharing....

    Simon

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment