No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake

This is the Glenn family traditional Christmas Day dessert. My mom makes it every year, but this is the first time I've tried making it myself. I wanted to try making it for Christmas, but with sugar cookies, fudge, and Russell Stover chocolates I decided it would be too much. This would be a beautiful Valentine's Day dessert! It's a very simple recipe, and since you don't have to bake it, it comes together quickly.

I have a thing for graham cracker crusts. I remember one Christmas my grandma saw me eating all the filling and leaving the crust, and she said, "You have to eat the crusts!" I told her I was saving the crust for last because it was my favorite part.



No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake

9-inch graham cracker crust (store-bought is fine, or homemade is delicious)
8-ounce package cream cheese
14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tsp. vanilla

In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in sweetened condensed milk until smooth. Stir in lemon juice and vanilla. Pour into crust. Chill three hours or until set.

We usually top this with canned cherry pie filling (chilled), although I seem to recall I usually ate mine plain. Today I think I'm going to top mine with fresh strawberries!

Comments