Rosa Corn


It was a sad day when I found out my favorite Mexican restaurant had caught on fire and had to close.  The only consolation for me was the fact that I had talked an employee into giving me the recipe for their famous corn.  So without further ado, here it is:

1/2 to 1 stick butter, preferably unsalted
1/2 medium white onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
2 to 3 cups frozen white corn
Jane's Krazy Mixed-up salt (THE secret ingredient)

In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.  Add onion and peppers and sauté until the onion has softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the frozen corn.  Cover and let the corn cook 5 to 10 more minutes, or until you think it has cooked.  Season with the Krazy Mixed-up salt.

Emily's Notes:

I like to use unsalted butter because I feel the combination of salted butter and mixed-up salt makes the dish just too salty for my taste.

I have only made Rosa Corn using Jane's Krazy Original Mixed-Up Salt.  That is what the employee told me to use.  I am sure you could use your own seasonings, but for an authentic taste, use Jane's.

Rosa corn is great served with tamales, tacos, or any Mexican dish you like.

Melinda's Note: If I don't have frozen corn, I use the vacuum-packed crisp corn in the short cans.

Comments