Frozen cookie dough

Frozen Cookie Dough

Sometimes, I know it isn't that often, I don't have time to bake a whole batch of cookies. So, I have two options: I put the dough in the fridge for a day or I can form the cookies and freeze them.

When I freeze the cookies, I form the cookies, spread them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and put them in the freezer. When they are frozen solid, I pack them in a bag. Later, I pull out the frozen balls, put them on a cookie sheet, and bake them. To do this, you need to lower the oven temperature to about 300 and bake for slightly longer, about 20 minutes, or close to double what you normally do.

This works nicely, especially when you have several different kinds of frozen cookies. Then you can bake several varieties at the same time. Besides, if they are homemade, you can control the ingredients and know exactly what is in them.

Comments

  1. I love having frozen dough balls! It makes for easy treats later on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fresh cookies and so I almost always have frozen cookie dough! However, I have recently discovered that I have a mouse in the house that is able to open the freezer! Apparently frozen cookie dough is as good to pick in as fresh cookie dough.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment