Chocolate Nut Ball

Chocolate Nut Ball

1 (8-oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
¼ cup butter
2 Tb. brown sugar
3 Tb. unsweetened cocoa
¾ cup powdered sugar
¼ cup mini chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
¼ tsp. vanilla
¼ tsp. almond extract

Blend all together. Form into a ball, wrap in plastic and refrigerate until ready to use. Serve with thin crisp  cookies.

Tiffany's Notes: This was quite easy!  You can keep it plain, but I added some additional mini-chocolate chips to the outside of the ball.  You could also cover it with chopped nuts.  I lined a rounded bowl with plastic wrap and put the cream cheese filling in it.  Then, when it was chilled I took it out and pressed the chocolate chips into the sides (and then re-wrapped it). 

Every cookie I bake I want thick and chewy--I'm not an expert at making "thin and crisp" cookies!  So, I went looking in the cookie aisle of the store and found several good options.  In the picture is a thin sugar cookie--you could also serve it with vanilla wafers, shortbread, or even Oreos. 

I think this would be best served at a party or large gathering of people as part of a dessert buffet.  My family only made a small dent in this dessert in one sitting!  Another idea would be to make several mini-balls and give them to friends. 

I questioned adding the almond extract but went ahead and added it (I like it in some things).  For my taste, it might have been better without--but everyone is different!

Comments

  1. i had a dessert cheese ball of the first time this year. it was so good! it did not have cocoa added to the cheese but it did have mini chocolate chips through out! we ate it with graham crackers and vanilla wafers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment