Pita Pocket Stuffers

homemade pita bread stuffed with thinly sliced chicken, bacon bits, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, miracle whip, and honey mustard dressing
Pita Pocket Stuffers

Chicken, broccoli and cheddar
Ground beef, taco seasoning and cheddar
Spaghetti sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni
Ham, crushed pineapple, Monterey Jack
Roast beef, tomato, cheese
Scrambled eggs, salsa, cheddar cheese
Sliced turkey, Swiss, Thousand Island dressing
Ham, chopped broccoli, Swiss

Tiffany's Note: It's always fun to have a sandwich on something different than bread or a roll.  Pita pockets are great because there are so many choices to fill them.  Just look at all those ideas!  These stuffed sandwiches are perfect to serve hot or cold.  If you want them warm just microwave them, wrap them in foil and heat in the oven, or broil in the oven.

This time I tried making Pita bread. It turned out okay.  This was my second time trying to make it.  It would be nice to perfect the process!  I followed a recipe found here. My weakness was I let the rolled out dough circles stick to the counter--I guess I should have used more flour?  Something to try next time...

Comments

  1. my favorites are veggie pitas. favorite veggies: cucumbers, sprouts, cherry tomatoes, mushrooms etc with either hummus, italian or balsamic dressing.
    sometimes i throw in feta, parmesan or mozzarella too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment