Breadsticks

Breadsticks

2½ tsp. yeast
1 cup warm water
3 Tbs. melted butter or olive oil
3 cups flour
1½ tsp. salt
2 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. Italian or pasta seasoning, optional

Mix the yeast with the warm water. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Shape into about 16 breadsticks or flatten the dough in a jelly roll pan and cut into breadsticks. Let rise for 20 minutes. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°. You can brush the tops with beaten egg or oil or butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds or grated Parmesan cheese before baking, if you wish.

Becky's Note: I love to make breadsticks in a jelly roll pan.  I often skip the "let rise" step and the breadsticks are always great!  My sister in law made the most delicious breadsticks for a family party and I have used her topping on my breadsticks ever since: 1/4 cup melted butter, 1/4 cup mayo, Parmesan cheese, and garlic salt.  The first time I made the topping, I was worried about the mayo (mayo is not an ingredient I usually add to very many recipes) but it is really, really good.

Comments