Uncooked Fondant (Chocolate Centers)

raspberry
Uncooked Fondant (Chocolate Centers)
2-3 lbs. powdered sugar, as needed
1¾ cup butter or margarine
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
Mix and knead by hand. You may need more powdered sugar (just mix it until it isn't too sticky or too dry). Add nuts, coconut, cherries, chocolate, flavors, food coloring, or whatever you wish.
Shape into 1-inch balls. Dip in chocolate.
lemon
peppermint
Tiffany's Note: We used to make these at Easter time.  It is a super simple way to make different flavored chocolates.  I have used my heavy duty mixer (with a dough hook) to mix the fondant before.  I think the mint is a universal favorite flavor.  I've made almond flavored chocolates and put a slivered almond on top--there are so many ways you can customize them.  

I made these at Easter and packaged them into individual tins.  Each tin was just enough for one person or a small family.  I know Easter is many months away--but you can use the same idea for Christmas treats.  
The mini cupcake papers are great to hold the chocolates.  

I store them in a cool place or the refrigerator--they will keep for weeks (if you don't eat them first!). 

Comments